We began listening to Christmas Music the day after Halloween. It really has gotten us into the spirit of Christmas. Princess E has begun asking all kinds of questions. It has given me a great opportunity to talk to her about the true meaning of Christmas.One day the song "Little Drummer Boy" came on and she asked "Mommy what are they talking about?" I told her that Christmas is Jesus' birthday and we give presents to him. In the song a little boy doesn't have anything to give to him so he plays his drum for Jesus.
That conversation lead quite nicely into why Santa gives us presents. Last year Santa began only bringing us each 3 gifts. Because Jesus wanted Santa to help
us always remember him and the gifts that the 3 wise men gave to him on his birthday.Well this morning I was cleaning out the "flower" room and I found a baby Jesus in his manger. I took it out and gave it to Princess E and went back to what I was doing. I came out to see her taking all of the straw out and making him a "crib" with a pillow. She even was wrapping him with her blankie so that he would not get cold. I told her that we needed to find a place for him to sit. Without any thought she took him over and put him by the foot of Santa. She told me that I needed to come over and sing "Rump a pum pum" to him with her.
I am so grateful for this time of the year that we can learn about the true meaning of the season. I am humbled on a daily basis with the responsibility I have to teach my children these things. But as my experience showed today, something is working. I love being a mom to these 2 sweet girls.Merry Christmas!!
2 comments:
I love this story. You are a good mom and are making a difference. I hope you know that.
She is so sweet. I love that girl.
Post a Comment