There are a few things that a husband can say to his wife that will put her over the moon and really make her feel good. I had one of those moments last night.
I don't wear my hair down much in the summer. See I sweat. BAD. Long hair just doesn't work with me in the summer with the heat, hormones and overactive sweat glands. So it is always up. Not that I like the way I look with it up. It is just out of necessity. So when I wear it down, he notices.
We were getting ready to go to the adult session of stake conference and I wasn't feeling heated so I decided to pull out the hot rollers for something different. I got ready and came out of the bathroom. Not feeling much different than I usually do when I get ready in a dress for a meeting and take a little time for myself.
Princess E noticed first and said, "Mom you look so pretty!" Nice boost to the confidence. I came into the front room and King J stopped his video game cold and it was as if it was one of those moments in the cartoons when his jaw was on the floor and his eyes jumped out of his head and he said to me, "WOW you look gorgeous!!" I can't remember another time, ever, where he has told me I was gorgeous. And I wasn't even trying really.
Needless to say, it made my night and even today. I love you babe! Thanks for making me feel pretty!
1 comment:
How funny! I wore my hair down yesterday and had a similar experience! :)
Post a Comment