Monday, April 18, 2011

Talents

In conjunction with the Atlanta LDS temple being rededicated this May, all of the youth (ages 12-18) will be involved with a cultural celebration.  They have been working hard learning dances like the Charleston and a few others to be performed that night.  The prophet Thomas S. Monson will be there, and it is just a once in a lifetime opportunity.  I was asked a few months ago to help make some of the props. A few giant artificial flowers as the props were going to be all things that represented Georgia.  They asked me to make up a few mock ups and then they would get the budget approved and we would get started.  Well they were so impressed with what I came up that they increased the initial 10 to a total of 35. 

I sure had my work cut out for me.  In fact at one point I started to panic that I wasn't going to get finished with what I had committed to do.  But after praying for the strength and desire to finish what I had started the answer that came to my mind was "ask for help dummy."  :)  Of course, silly me.  Ask others to be involved in this great project.  So with the help of many friends we accomplished our goal well ahead of schedule. 
They turned out beautiful and I can't wait to see them in the show. 
(I get to be part of the back stage crew as well)  

 All the tissue paper hydrangeas and gerbera daisy's lined up in a pretty row. 
When I went out to take this picture there was a giant yellow butterfly sitting on one of the pink hydrangeas.  
But I wasn't quick enough to take the picture.  It was perfect though.
 Close up
 Paper mache magnolia's

3 comments:

Onica said...

Those are so awesome, melissa!

Rochelle said...

Those are so cool! I especially love the magnolias. How neat to be a part of something like this.

Brielle Kennington said...

Your are awesome and those are beautiful!