Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Graduation

So I have been learning recently that time really does go faster the older you get. Where has the last year gone????

2 weeks ago we got to celebrate with Princess E as she graduated from her pre school.
It was Hawaiian theme, so we took a trip to the Di to see if we could find anything fitting the bill. Then I got busy and made some home made lei's. She wanted to be just like Aunt Nan who got to wear lots of them on her graduation from High School. And of course Princess M wanted to be included too so we dressed her all up as well.
They had them all line up and get their little caps on. Unfortunately it was a little windy and the bobby pins were having a hard time. Oh well we all took a few quick pictures and they soon came off. Then they had them do the graduation walk up to the front where they performed a few of the songs they had learned that year. It was so dang cute.


She is pretty dang proud of herself.
After they sang they received their "diploma's". We sure loved Ms V. Ms V had made candy lei's for all of the mothers and had each of the kids come put one on each of us. Princess E hardly thought that was fair so after it was all over of course they ate all of it.At the very end they showed a slide show set to music from the year and many of the field trips they had taken. I had spent the day pretty much in reflection of all that had happened 5 years ago and how we wondered if she would ever be able to achieve a milestone like this. While watching the slide show the Alabama song Angels among us started playing. I got all sorts of teary, as my thoughts from the day overcame me as she was sitting on my lap. Not only was that song played at my little sisters funeral, but I too have felt and experienced many angels who have helped our little girl to be where she is today. I did not know that King J had taken this picture, but it really is one of my favorite pictures I have with her. If you look closely you can see the tear on my cheek.

Way to go Princess E!! We are very proud of you!!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

So darlin! Congratulations to both of you. It's so hard watching your children grow up! I never knew graduation from pre-school could be such an emotional thing.

Anonymous said...

What cute parents you all are!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! What good parents you all are. Thanks for sharing!!