Monday, March 5, 2012

Another Milestone

We hit another milestone today.  Princess E decided that she wanted to do her first fast today.  She was determined.  We talked to her about how we need to start it with a prayer and then not talk about how hungry we are for the rest of the day.  She started off great.  after we said the prayer she promptly went into the kitchen and started putting ice into her water bottle.  We reminded her that water was out as well.  Her reaction was  "WHAT?? I can't even have water??"  She went a few hours with minimal complaining.  I thought I would give her the option to just do 1 meal since it was her very first time.  I offered it a few times and each time she turned me down.  So then we went to church (1 pm) and we were having a linger longer pot luck after so the church smelled delectable.  Sooooo hard when church is so late.  I thought she was going to have a really tough time.  But she held strong.  Wouldn't take any of the snacks I brought just in case.  Determined to do it.  We met as a family in the nursery (where I was subbing) and closed our fast and went in to the pot luck.  She was amazing.  She did announce on the way home that she wants to wait until she is older to do it again though. :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is awesome! Way to go E!