A few months ago I heard that the KNEX company was wanting moms who blog to try out some of their products and give their honest reviews on their blogs. I was all over that. A month went by and I hadn't given it another thought. Then one day a HUGE box came and it was filled with Knex building sets. They are like leggos, only a different company and more complex.
The girls were thrilled. They have watched their cousins in Ohio build things for years and were excited to have some of their own. Some of the sets we got said 7+ and some said 5+. So I divided them up and they began building their creations. It wasn't long before I heard tears and "Mom this is too hard!" So I went in to see what could possibly be the problem.
I decided we would all work together on building 1 of the 5+ bulldozers. It was tough for me 30+ to figure out what it was talking about. When that one was almost finished we moved on to the 7+ one that was started. This one looked exciting. It was going to have batteries. But unfortunately we wouldn't make it past the 2nd step because the pieces wouldn't hold together.
So in my honest opinion of this product, if you have very skilled building kids, then KNEX may be for you. But for this house full of un skilled girls it was a no go and I give them a thumbs down.
2 comments:
No way, I LOVE knex! I have heard that they have changed them. The girls I used to nanny back in 1997 had a big deluxe kit that came with a book with all of the building plans. They ranged from super easy preschool items to big windmills and roller coasters. I loved playing with them so much that they got me my own deluxe set for my birthday that year! LOL! I gave them to my nephew when he was little because that was totally his thing. He and his siblings have loved them too! My sister-in-law told me that the knex they sell in the store now are nothing like the ones I gave them. Boo Hoo. Now I want mine back! :o)
Good to know your thoughts on these. Look at it this way... you've got lots of friend birthday gifts for awhile now! Ha Ha!
-Jessica
That's exactly what I thought Jessica.
Post a Comment