3 mos and 1.5 weeks old
Hi M! Mom's been so lax at starting your journal, but we were challenged in Relief Society the other night to start one if we hadn't already, so here I am . I'm sorry I have taken so long. We have been real busy and under a lot of pressures but I promise to not let you down.
Let's go back to your beginning. We first found out that mommy was expecting a baby on August 11, 1977. Exactly 2 years from the same day we found out about your older brother. We were really excited. We began planning and getting ready for your arrival-first by getting settled in our present home in Rexburg. Idaho. We are the managers of Harmony House Apartments where you have 102 older sisters. You were the highlight of the end of the school year as everyone was waiting right along with us. You were due on Easter Sunday-March 26, 1978, but came on Wednesday-March 29, 1978 at 5:37 pm. You were an easy labor and delivery and weighed 7 pounds 0 ounces. (you have hair too! Reddish-blonde!)
You were 19 inches long. You had a little red right fist where you had been sucking before you were born. We think that's where the thumb-sucking you're so fond of now began.
You have been a real calm baby and very patient with your family. You began sleeping 8-10 hours a night at 6 weeks old. You are now smiling readily and are content to sit in your swing and watch everything around you. You have been in your swing since you were about one month old. You began in your jumper at two months and now just about have the jumping process down. You love to be up where you can see what's going on. I can't forget, nor let you think you don't have a temper. You do, but I'm sure it will mellow with time. Yo u especially show it when you're tired or hungry (you're just like the rest of us).
Oh, one thing- when you were born you were "tongue-tied" which means your tongue is attached clear to the tip. The Dr says you'll outgrow it by the time you're a year old and there's nothing to worry about. (eta I didn't out grow it and I remember when I got it clipped as a little kid. no fun)
You doubled your birth weight at 3 months. You're now over 14 pounds. You have little rolls all over and daddy kids you that your hands are "screwed on". You love the teasing though. Your big brother sure loves you and you love to see him play near you. You smile and occasionally holler at him. He loves it.
Your pretty good to go to sleep on your own. You want to be in your own bed too when you sleep- otherwise you don't sleep.
M, I just want you to know how much we love you. We were so happy you are a member of our family. You were named after your great-great-grandmother who is still living and is 92 years old. She's pretty proud of you too. We have 5 generations of girls living now. If you pattern your life after grandma Smith, you'll never regret it.
Thanks for the special spirit you are and being the bundle of joy and happiness you radiate. I love you very much- Mom
P.S. Mom was 23 yrs old and Dad was 26 when you were born.
Thank you SO much for keeping a record for me Mom and for giving me life. It has been a life full of challenges. But also much joy. I am excited for what this next year of my life will bring.
1 comment:
That is really special that your mom loved you so much to keep a journal. Having only a handful of pictures to look back at now, I wish my mom would have taken the time to do this for me.
Post a Comment